General anesthesia: No-stress dental procedures in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
The team at Sweet Tooth Children’s Dentistry is adept at putting young patients at ease for routine checkups and restorative treatment. However, to ensure emotional and physical comfort, we also offer safe sedation options for children, including general anesthesia. For your convenience, we arrange for a qualified anesthesiologist to come to our Rancho Cucamonga, CA dental office.
How pediatric dental anesthesia and sedation work
While the terms are often used interchangeably, there is a difference between anesthesia and sedation. Local anesthesia in dentistry is a mainstay for minor procedures such as fillings. This form of tooth anesthesia numbs the area of treatment, blocking pain signals from nerves.
General anesthesia for pediatric dentistry may be recommended for complex or lengthy procedures, or to complete multiple treatments in one visit. Anesthesia for tooth extraction, for example, helps the dentist complete the work efficiently, reducing trauma for the patient and fostering speedy recovery.
Children’s dentistry in Rancho Cucamonga, CA with the option of general anesthesia
- We suggest general anesthesia only when it is genuinely appropriate.
- You receive careful pre-procedure instructions from the dental anesthesiologist that contribute to a safe and comfortable experience for your child.
- After an initial intramuscular injection has been given by the dental anesthesiologist, the child will be relaxed enough so that he or she can start an IV so that medication can be precisely dispensed into a vein.
- The child’s body and mind fully relax. There is no awareness of surroundings or discomfort.
- Your child’s safety and wellbeing are our top priorities. Vital signs are monitored throughout the procedure, and adjustments can be made to the dose to ensure continued comfort.
- The patient feels no pain, sleeping through the procedure.
- When the flow of medication is stopped, the child gradually wakens and has no recollection of treatment.
Are you looking for a twilight sleep dentist in the Fontana, Ontario, or Montclair area to help your child get stress-free dental care? Call 909-675-0550 to schedule an appointment at Sweet Tooth Children’s Dentistry in Rancho Cucamonga, CA.