Your child is in good hands for tooth extractions in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
At Sweet Tooth Children’s Dentistry in Rancho Cucamonga, CA, our goal is for your child to enjoy the benefits of healthy, natural teeth for life. Sometimes, though, kid’s tooth removal is in the best interests of comfort, oral development, or overall health. Be assured that, we strive for tooth extractions to be a low stress experience for everyone involved.
When an extraction may be indicated
With advanced restorative procedures at our fingertips, extraction is generally considered a last resort. However, it could be needed in these situations:
- Extreme tooth pain – An abscessed tooth can put your child in acute discomfort, and the infection may spread to other tissues. A child tooth abscess extraction can be an alternative to root canal therapy.
- Extensive decay – Severe decay in a baby tooth can reach the permanent structure developing underneath. Baby tooth extraction removes the source of the problem.
- Beyond repair – We may not be able to save a tooth broken below the gumline or with a fracture extending to the root.
- Soft tissue involvement – A damaged tooth or one that is not emerging properly may cause chronic gum irritation.
- Overcrowding – Judicious extractions in a small arch can help adult teeth drop into better alignment.
Tooth extractions are gentle in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
As children’s dentists, our team is attuned to the emotional and physical needs of young patients, and to the concerns of their parents when extractions are needed. We take extra care to perform extractions as efficiently as possible, with minimal discomfort and tension.
Our treatment rooms are equipped with televisions for pleasant distraction. Together, in advance of treatment, you and the dentist decide whether local anesthesia (numbing) is enough to ensure your child’s comfort, or you may choose nitrous oxide inhaled sedation for an even more relaxed experience. Then, with a precise technique, the tooth is loosened and lifted out. Surrounding decay and infection are also removed, to promote speedy healing without complications. You receive instructions for home care, and assistance is just a phone call away if you have concerns after the extraction.
Following a baby tooth extraction procedure, your dentist may recommend a space maintainer. This small device keeps teeth adjacent to the extraction site in position, holding space for the secondary tooth to come in.
Parents in Ontario, Montclair, and Fontana feel good about scheduling their kid’s tooth extractions at Sweet Tooth Children’s Dentistry in Rancho Cucamonga, CA. Call 909-675-0550 for an appointment.